• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Xin chào ! Nếu đây là lần đầu tiên bạn đến với diễn đàn, xin vui lòng danh ra một phút bấm vào đây để đăng kí và tham gia thảo luận cùng VnPro.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the benefits of Power over Ethernet Plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the benefits of Power over Ethernet Plus?

Hi guys, I would like to know what are the benefits of Power over Ethernet Plus? I were looking for a switch in the online store yesterday, when I told my demands to the online sales, he suggested me to buy Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series switch, which is support Power over Ethernet Plus. But the lights suddenly went out before he told me the reason. So could you tell me what are the benefits of Power over Ethernet Plus?

The benefits of Power over Ethernet Plus

Switches supporting Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) can supply power to any IEEE 802.3af or IEEE 802.3at compliant end device. PoE+ removes the need for wall power to each PoE+ enabled device and eliminates the cost for additional electrical cabling that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and wireless LAN deployments. PoE switches also eliminate the need for power injectors and PoE midspans for powering IP devices. The list of devices that require more than the 15.4W provided by 802.3at is growing. Devices currently requiring more than 15.4W of PoE power include Cisco video IP phones and IP video cameras. Additional devices requiring more than 15.4W of power are coming.
    Cisco WS-C2960X-24PS-L also support Power over Ethernet Plus, but it depends on your needs.

Comment

about Cisco WS-C2960X-24PS-L

Thank for your reply. I need a switch that must has 24 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports and four sfp uplink ports. Can Cisco WS-C2960X-24PS-L Support FlexStack+ for stacking of up to 8 switches with 80 Gbps of stack throughput?

Comment

Working...
      X